3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Lighting seperation

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
casper pedersenLighting seperation
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 8:51:20 am

Hi im new to the forum and max so bear with me.
I have a scene where i have set up the daylight system, and made an animation of a day passing inside a simple house. So what i basically want to do is to have a render with only the indirect light, the global illumination, and on with only the direct light. Any ideas? It is also fine with another light source that resemples sunlight, if that helps :)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Lighting seperation
by on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:51:37 pm

Casper -

I think you want to learn about Max's Scene States, which are basically snapshots of various setups you might want to use or render as you go along. Here's a short tutorial about States:

There's also a very good tutorial which comes with 3DS Max (you don't say which version you have - I have Max 2011, and it came with that version) that gives a great introduction to Scene States. If you don't have the Max tutorials you can find them here:

If I remember correctly, the tutorial featured an outdoor scene which had a house in the woods, showing it at various times of day, with full sunlight, dusk, and at night with porch lights on, and showed how to save these states for rendering.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved