3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

I move objects, they reset.

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Nikolaus
I move objects, they reset.
on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:57:39 am

Hey guys, i'm completely new to 3ds Max. I'm working with some models from the Gears of War video game. Things are going okay, however...

When i move a model, gun, whatever, to a particular spot using the move tool (or rotate, scale).... when i click anywhere in the viewport, the darn object resets back to it's original position. The position it was when it was imported.

A similar thing happens when i move a model and run one of it's animations. It pops back to it's original position. I've worked around that by using Pan View.

But what i'd want is to just move the objects, and have them stay where i put them. What could i do?

Return to posts index

Chad Nikolaus
Re: I move objects, they reset.
on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:31:07 am

If it helps at all, i just tried it with a simple square i created. Square moves, rotates all around and stays put. For some reason the .psk skeletal meshes i'm using will not stay put when you click in an open space. And when they revert back to their original spot, the xyx mover thing stays where it was. Which keeps moving it further away from the actual model, lol. It's weird.

Hopefully someone has run across this and has a fix.

Return to posts index

Chad Nikolaus
Re: I move objects, they reset.
on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:11:01 am

If it helps at all, i just tried it with a simple square i created. Square moves, rotates all around and stays put. For some reason the

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]