3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

New bidirectional workflow with After Effects and 3ds Max

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken PimentelNew bidirectional workflow with After Effects and 3ds Max
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:27:56 pm

Something we've been working on with Adobe, it's part of our new subscription release we announced today:

- Render passes (State Sets)
- Adobe After Effects bidirectional interop
- Node-based pre-compositing UI
- Layered Photoshop PSD output
- ActiveShade for iray
- .Net wrapper for SDK

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/ken/subscription_advantage_pack_2012_adobe_a...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: New bidirectional workflow with After Effects and 3ds Max
by on Aug 14, 2011 at 4:36:58 pm

Ken -

This is quite fascinating! I've been looking at scripts (both commercial and free), and, in some cases, using them in my workflow between AE and 3DS Max, but it has always seemed to me a kludgy workaround, and that I could get decent results with just careful plannng and the use of RLA or RPF files.

As I am a user of Max 2011, it looks as if I'm out of luck on this one, or are there plans to offer the software for sale as a commercial plugin or script set? I have no immediate plans to upgrade to Max 2012, or to purchase the subscription plan, since I'm a small, one-man shop at this point, and have to spend my software allocations elsewhere. Thanks. This looks like a great addition to the workflow.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ken PimentelRe: New bidirectional workflow with After Effects and 3ds Max
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:40:10 pm

Hi Joe,
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, we are only making this available to Subscription users. In general, we have a policy of rolling certain subscription downloads into the product releases. So, there may be other ways to get this in the future, but it won't be released independently.

If you want to try it now, I would enroll you in our beta program so that you could access it and put it to work and let us know if it is doing what you need it to do. If so, send me an email: ken.pimentel@autodesk.com

Ken Pimentel, Director Product Management, Autodesk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]