3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Learning from scratch

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dinis RodriguesLearning from scratch
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:57:26 pm

It probably has been asked here before but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm looking to learn 3ds Max mostly for film 3d compositing purposes.

I've looked on google but most of it is advanced or has to do with game design or animation.

Does anyone know where I can find video tutorials to learn 3ds Max from scratch with the purpose of using it for film, like the basics, integration with after effects, Rayfire or other relevant plugins...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Learning from scratch
by on Jul 10, 2011 at 4:38:15 am

The tutorials which come with Max are a good place to start, and if you're planning on doing compositing, my guesses are you'll want to learn texturing, lighting, camera and object animation, as well as a certain amount of light-duty modeling.

You don't say whether your compositing will be with characters, objects, flying titles, or whatever, and each of those has its' own special learning curve. A great place to start is with the tutorials on Lynda.com, in addition to those that come with Max, and those found on area.autodesk.com. Just doing a Google search on the above areas of interest will find hundreds of tutorials, some good, some not so good.

The compositing in After Effects tutorials can be found in some depth in the Trish and Chris Meyer books, found in bookstores, and on:

You've got a long curve ahead, but if you dedicate yourself to it, and work your way through the basics, you'll get it. Good luck!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved