3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

camera stuttering

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris fergusoncamera stuttering
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 7:38:03 pm

Hello, I have recently started "trying" to teach myself 3ds max, I have been doing rather well and have created a logo and explosion animation.

However I seem to have a problem with the camera animation, I have my camera linked to a path which rotates around the logo, stops, logo expodes, then the camera carries on along the path around the logo back to the beginning. (if that makes any sense at all).

The problem is when I render out the animation it seems to stutter likes it's dropping frames or running at 10 fps if you know what i mean.

I have checked my render settings and i'm sure things are set up how they should be.

Like I said I'm a complete novice at 3ds max so , it's probably something basic that i'm missing.

If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Ryan JohnRe: camera stuttering
by on Apr 27, 2011 at 9:41:14 am

Besides 3DS I would suspect the problem to be external. How are you compositing the clip? or are you rendering straight out to a movie file? what type of movie file? ..what media player are you viewing on? ,how big is the file? etc...

If you think it is a 3DS problem then;

-render settings and that you're not rendering odd frames only or something.
-camera settings that you are rendering the correct frame rate.
-realistic move to what the human eye sees, (eg if the camera moves 360° across 1 second the frame is jumping roughly 15°, twice as quick the jump is 30° etc...), if you have a quick move then it needs motion blur, a slow move needs to be smooth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved