3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

How to get 3DS max to work on windows 7?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sham kadirHow to get 3DS max to work on windows 7?
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 7:31:54 am

HI there,

Im a newby. Im actually reformating my mates computer and helping him install Autodesk 3DS Max. Before he was using Xp and everything was working fine. I just install windows 7 and finding it real difficult to get the app to work. It just doesnt open up.
My questions:
Should i use 64bit or 32 bit? I have install both. Still no joy.
Which one is more appropiate for windoes 7 ? 64 bt or 32bit?
The computer supports 64 bit so im guessing 64 bit?

I have also done some research and found out that you will need to update windows and also install NVDIA drivers.I also did that and still no joy.

What am i missing out here? Can anyone help please

Thank you for your time

Return to posts index

James BearssRe: How to get 3DS max to work on windows 7?
by on Feb 4, 2011 at 4:25:08 am

There are a few things that you might need to do prior to installing 3DS Max into your friends machine. Autodesk has thier policies on they way you move software around from machine to machine. if the version your friend has is below 6 it might not install at all. One thing you can try first is to right click on the 3ds.exe and run the application in compatible mode. This works with both 64bit and 32bit systems. You might need to contact Autodesk to release registration on the Copy of Max you have, then you can install it as a new install. Then re-register it. Everytime you install a windows based product IE XP NT vista or Win7. whatever it will serialize that install. 3DS uses that serial as a part of it's own security to ensure you are only running one copy. Typically.

Return to posts index

mark pigottRe: How to get 3DS max to work on windows 7?
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 7:00:24 pm

you can also use the portable license transfer to move it to the new machine, as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved