3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

"Match Moving" in 3ds Max

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
caleb barclay"Match Moving" in 3ds Max
by on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:27:22 pm

I am doing a project that requires the technique of "Match Moving". I have footage that I want to map out in 3d space. There will be a Object that is apart of the footage. What program will export the camera movement from the "Match Moving" software into a 3ds Max Camera. Is there any tutorials out that explains this process. Thank you

Return to posts index

Ryan JohnRe: "Match Moving" in 3ds Max
by on Sep 26, 2010 at 5:06:16 pm

There are quite a few software packs. Boujou, SynthEyes, MatchMover that the pros use, they also come with pro price tags.

There are a few free versions out there too. The University of Hanover has a very good one called "Voodoo" that I'd recommend.

Match Moving is an art in itself, as soon as you think you have grasped the hang of it, it will throw a problem at you and there is a lot of luck involved to how easy it is, this largely depends on the footage being used.

As for tutorials, it all depends on the software and the footage but the basics involve; preping the footage for tracking, this usually involves deinterlacing, correcting lens distortio and exporting an image sequence (if working in HD its worth setting up a proxy sequence). Then import to the software where you track and solve before adding geometry and reference points. You then export the solve to your 3D software where you will be presented with a cloud of markers which you can use as reference points to build your scene around

Return to posts index

noor hussainRe: "Match Moving" in 3ds Max
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:36:27 am

importing data from boujou to max makes the grid really wild.wots the best way to get it aligned with the max grid.even if i set up the edit scene geometry in boujou properly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved