3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Animate existing character

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Maguire
Animate existing character
on Jul 31, 2010 at 10:52:32 pm

Hello!

I've been interested in animation for a while now and recently purchased Autodesk 3D Max. Although I know nothing about animation, it's something I really want to learn and get into. I love AMV's and want to be able to make my own and was wondering how to take an existing character (like a character already created from Final Fantasy, etc.) and animate them to how I want. Or do I absolutely have to create from scratch/biped?

Sorry for being such a n00b lol

Thanks!

Rebecca

Return to posts index

Azad Jannati
Re: Animate existing character
on Aug 8, 2010 at 9:03:44 pm

Congratulation!!!!!!!!
If I were you I was starting with anatomy of humans and animals, then , you should find something about frame time and keyframe role,
search to find your pleasant software which be perfect like 3ds max and maya, I suggest thi book to you "3d Graphics & Animation by Mark Giambruno".

Aze

Return to posts index

Rebecca Maguire
on Aug 9, 2010 at 10:39:58 pm

Hi Azad,

Thanks for the response! I'm actually looking to animate an already made charater, not looking to design my own. I want to make AMV's so I would use an existing anime character. So all I want to know is how to insert a character that is already created by a company into 3D Max and amimate them my own way.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Return to posts index

Azad Jannati
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:12:02 am

hi, again.
My friend you should now, how many format are ready to import in 3ds max, it`s better to tell me exactly which 3d software you mean? poser? or ...

Aze

Return to posts index

Rebecca Maguire
on Aug 10, 2010 at 12:28:10 pm

oh lol ok sorry! Umm it just says "Autodesk 3D Max 2009" I don't have poser or anything, I just mean input a character from, say, a printscreen pic and make it 3D. Or is this not possible? Cause I know in the 3D Max tutorial, they animated a 2D chess piece...

Return to posts index

Azad Jannati
on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:53:28 am

why not, It`s easy to make, you can use alt+b to open background in viewport window to appear your picture in your viewport, then there are alot of way to go.]
1- use Editable Spline as a some wire and thier verteces should be fuse on eachother, Use Snap (vertex) and connect, when you get sure they are fuse and it has made of 3 segment in each polygon, add Surface modifier to it, to make your model.
2- use a box To start with Editable poly By use of Alt+X to look trough , It can help you to see your picture behind it,then groe your Editable poly.
Is it enough?

Aze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]