3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3ds max requirements

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Edwards3ds max requirements
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 11:42:01 am

Hi everyone,

This isn't so much a question about the software but rather if I would be able to run it. I need to start learning 3ds max in my own time for my work so need a pc that can run it although it doesn't have to be fantastic.

I came across a media pc with this spec and just wondered if you guys thing it would run the software well enough just to learn the beginnings of modelling and texturing, I'm tempted by it because it's cheap and I'd be able to run it at 1080p on my tv.

Specs are as follows,

Antec Fusion mATX Media Centre case in brushed silver (This was £100)
- Asus M2A-VM mATX Motherboard with 6 channel audio
- AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Energy Efficient CPU
- AMD Cooler
- Corsair 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM
- Samsung Sata II 1TB 7200rpm HDD (plenty of space for your recordings and media)
- Sapphire HD 4650 512MB with 1GB HyperMemory GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card (much better than the onboard HDMI graphics)
- DVD±RW drive
- 450W pSU
- Wireless-G USB Adapter

Thanks for all the help!

Return to posts index

Kathy SelbyRe: 3ds max requirements
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 8:26:45 pm

Hi Simon -

I would suggest you check out this document from Autodesk concerning 3dstudio Max 2011 and graphics card certification. I am experiencing some grief right now after purchasing a Dell with a consumer gaming graphics card - it works but it's slow going in max.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Simon EdwardsRe: 3ds max requirements
by on Jul 9, 2010 at 9:58:03 am

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the info that was really helpful! I think I'll be able to run it but just maybe a little slow but as I'm a complete beginner to the world of the 3D I doubt I'll be stretching it too much.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved