3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3dsmax Morph

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yousuf Anvar3dsmax Morph
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 7:12:21 am

hi everyone. I am facing a serious problem in morphing. i have many characters modeled, rigged and also finished morphing. Now i changed all the characters bodies but head the same. Now i am trying to use the same head to the new body, but the morph targets were not working. Before i know a guy he was doing this very easy i seen the result by myself. Now i am trying to do, its not working. If i wanna do morphs for all the characters again it will take so much time.
Please anybody help me.

i came across this plugin from di-o-matic, Morph tool Kit, it contins, Link-o-matic, Attach-o-matic and copy-o-matic. Is this plugin worth buying. It can solve my morph issues. If anybody used this plugin, please tell me, how it was.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Eric BlevinsRe: 3dsmax Morph
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:57:38 pm

When morphing in Max without plugins, you have to keep the vertex count the same or it will not work. If you have the same head, then make sure that your morph targets are just the head, and not the body.

What I do is create a separate head, usually low poly, for my morph targets. I skin the head and the low poly body to the skeleton and then I skin wrap the high poly mesh to this.

I don't know if this will help with your situation but it is the process that I use.

This way, I don not have to buy new plugins.

Return to posts index

yousuf AnvarRe: 3dsmax Morph
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 12:01:26 pm

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved