3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

RPF and RLA Clipping Color in Max 2011

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob HolmesRPF and RLA Clipping Color in Max 2011
by on Jun 7, 2010 at 4:18:28 pm

I’m rendering in Max 2011. When I render RPF or RLA files the Frame Buffer render looks perfect. However, when viewing them in Max’s Asset Browser or when importing them into AE there are large areas of solid color. The only channels I’m rendering are ObjectID and Color. I turned Color off and still have the problem.

I’ve changed the bit depth from 8 to 16, and modified everything I can find and I can’t solve it. If I render out .tga, tif or .exr it’s fine. You might be inclined to say, “well, then don’t render RPF and RLA files.” I alredy have some very complex After Effects files set up that use RPF’s from a few years back when I didn't have this issue and it would be a tremendous amount of work to switch formats.

The right image is what Max Asset Browser and AE see. The left image is the Frame Buffer which looks fine. My adapter is an ATI FireGL V8600 with the latest drivers. This isn't a budget card and I'm running my monitor at 32bit color.

Asus P5K-Deluxe - Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 - 8GB DDR2 1066Mhz -ATI FireGL V8600 - 3D Studio (preMax) thru Max 2011 Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved