3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

help with vertex weights...

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Hicks
help with vertex weights...
on Mar 1, 2010 at 8:27:07 pm

i'm rigging hair with bones and the very botton vertices wont move. i have tried adjusting envelopes, and adding/removing from links, but they still wont move... any thoughts?

THANKS

Return to posts index

Matthew Lane
Re: help with vertex weights...
on Mar 2, 2010 at 11:11:11 pm

So if I understand the bone envelope is affecting all the required vertices but when you animate it, it won't move. It should be working if that's true, but you could try this.

You can "Paint" the vertices that you need by clicking the Paint Weights button. Then your cursor changes to a paintbrush. Set the Max strength to 1.0 and close the dialog box. Then paint over the vertices you need.

Return to posts index

Beth Hicks
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:28:54 am

thanks for the reply...i'm still having issues... i cant seem to find the paint vertex weights option...where is it?

Return to posts index

Matthew Lane
on Mar 5, 2010 at 3:40:51 am

If you are using the Skin modifier, in the Parameters rollout click Edit Envelopes. Its under the Weight Properties section where you will find Paint Weights* underneath the Weight Table button. You'll also find the Weight Tool (it looks like a spanner/wrench). Try using the Weight Tool to specifically change the weights of each vertex.

*May not be the tool to start off with, sorry.

Return to posts index

Beth Hicks
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:23:10 pm

thanks for much for your help... but... (ha) when i click on the desired bone...there should be a skin modifier on it, because i ut the physique on the mesh... but there is no skin modifier on the bone... but the moving the mesh anyway..ha ha, what did i do wrong??

>___<

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]