3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Do you leave the sreeensaver while rendering?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Germán Alberto PiñerosDo you leave the sreeensaver while rendering?
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:30:46 pm

Hello everyone! I'm surprised that nobody else has addressed this before... Here's the story. I render a lot, and it's done mainly in 3DS max. Sometimes I have to make huge scenes of 30+ render hours.

I've noticed that some of my renders freeze if I just leave the machine alone. On the contrary, when I'm pendent and move the mouse every now and then preventing the sreensaver to activate, the render comes out fine. Is this just a case of a evil leprechaun haunting my hard drive? Or do sreensavers hurt hard disks on the long run? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Oh, BTW, any good Hard Disk repairing software you people can recommend?

Return to posts index

Eric BlevinsRe: Do you leave the sreeensaver while rendering?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 7:31:28 pm

Screensavers do have an effect on the render. What I believe happens is that because another process (screensaver) is activiated while rendering, it can potentially cause the render to freeze up.

What I do when I render is turn the screensaver off and then physically turn off my monitors so that I limit the chance of image burn onto my screens. When I want to check on my renders, I then turn on my monitors to check it out.

Return to posts index

Germán Alberto PiñerosRe: Do you leave the sreeensaver while rendering?
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 3:43:52 am

Thanks Eric for your response! I've also noticed that my HD is a bit slower. I'll Turn off my screensaver right away. You you know of any HD repair software?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved