3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

high speed rail animation needed

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Owenhigh speed rail animation needed
by on Dec 28, 2009 at 9:32:50 pm

Since this is a somewhat unique question, I'm not certain if this is the right place to get feedback from photorealistic animation/compositing pros... please forgive if it isn't.

I work with an engineering firm that has a new high speed (214mph) rail system design. Patents have been acquired and external engineering (peer) reviews have shown it to have great promise. But in getting the ball rolling, visualization seems to be needed for non-engineers (such as politicians and major investors) to appreciate and understand the concept. Yet, we realize we're not geared up to handle all of the intricacies of creating a photorealistic animation. And, having invested nearly a million dollars of our own over the past 24 years developing it, there's virtually nothing left to put into it.

Bottom line: Is it possible that a high-quality 0:30 animation can be created on a contingency-basis, with the fee being greater if & when funding is acquired?

Ideally, the storyboard would be something like the vehicle leaving a station, going through a switch (moving beam/guideway portion), accelerating to max speed, decelerating into station.

I'd gladly provide more detail if requested, but that's the gist of it. My hope is that the present economy may have provided some "down time" for some excellent artists out there who would love to add an exciting new technology to their portfolio, possibly get some news airtime (with credit) and join in on the risk-taking for a big payback. Your honest feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved