3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Bending a plane along a rigid body (animation)

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
abdo abouzeidBending a plane along a rigid body (animation)
by on Dec 14, 2009 at 2:04:22 pm

Hey Guys, i have a killer problem on a project that is due really soon. its a cloth folding machine that folds cloth in half. the following urls are for pictures of the model with the final outcome i am desiring, but i actually modeled the cloth on it to illustrate it. my goal is to make the cloth (in yellow) go over the triangle and bend on it as shown with out using cloth reactor because it gives un expected results, and feels bulky. the way i did it, but didn't work very well, was by doing a path modifier and extruding a line on it. it works well on its way to the folding part (it needs to go up and down some rollers first) once it reached the part where it should be folded on, i get stuck, i can't use the bend modifier because i need to bend the cloth from 2 sides and because its bent on a tirangle, it needs to be bent on different places. i hope the pictures make what i am trying to explain much clearer. please do send me back if u need any more clarification. keep in mind that i need the cloth to be bent at this triangle for a long time, through out the whole animation, so i can't really cheat it, it has to be done properly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved