3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Retreiving library materials that vanished in a project

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Diepenhorst
Retreiving library materials that vanished in a project
on Dec 2, 2009 at 2:42:16 pm

Weird problem, I think it has to do with the fact that I switched versions
At my school we still use Max 9, I think it was but without the proper materials such as Car Paint etc.
And in this case it is that very material that I need

Now I stumbled upon this problem, I started editing the file in Max 2008 (so switched from the old, no material version to one that is complete and decent to work with) however when I look at my material/map browser I see some of the standard materials such as fall off and noise but I don't see any of the yellow ones like Car Paint Material, DGS Material etc.
But, when I open a max 2008 file that I started on at home (so it is completely made with 2008 from scratch without switching) I can see them all listed in the material/map screen and I can use them

Now how can I get those missing materials listed in my other max file?
I'm guessing I need to import a kind of library file but where is it located, I tried in programfiles -> Autodesk -> 2008 and materiallibraries but non of them have those materials in them, neither is it listed in the library map in My Documents

I need this material, what should I do?

edit:
Adding screenshots of both material/map browsers

File 1 (the problem) : http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9125/screen1n.jpg
File 2 (what it needs to be) : http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5969/screen2ym.jpg

Return to posts index

Esther Diepenhorst
Re: Retreiving library materials that vanished in a project
on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:00:28 pm

Alright I foudn them under the tab Incompatible, now anyone have any idea on how I can get them to work?

Return to posts index

Esther Diepenhorst
Re: Retreiving library materials that vanished in a project
on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:02:37 pm

15 minutes but I found it.. apparently they require mental ray which I didn't have active yet
insta win naw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]