3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tia Bradford3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Oct 16, 2009 at 7:04:33 pm

I am able to open the application, create and manipulate objects in my scene. The problem is whenever I need to access items from the actual menu bar (Edit Tools Group Views ... )I get a dialog box that says:

Application Error

An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred since your last save.

I click okay and it automatically closes the program.

I am able to save work by clicking Control-S. But there are other items I need to access from these menus as well.

So, it only affects items in that menu bar when I click.

I am running Service Pack 1.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

mark kennedyRe: 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 2:16:03 am

to fix this, right click 3ds icon, scroll to properties, go to compatibility tab, and check on the disable visual styles button. i had the same issue, this fixed it

Return to posts index

mark kennedyRe: 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 2:18:48 am

right click 3ds icon, go to properties, go to compatibility tab, check on the disble visual styles box. i had the same issue, this fixed it

Return to posts index

Tia BradfordRe: 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:15:43 pm

Thank you for the reply. I tried to do as you directed. However whenever I try to right click the 3DS icon, nothing happens. I can right click everything else in the scene itself just not anything on the menus or that icon. Is there any way to get to the compatibility tab via keyboard shortcuts? Or through any of the options on the icon menu bar? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Samir BezdrobRe: 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:44:32 pm

I think he meant the icon on your desktop or the start menu bar. Right click there then do as Mark wrote. To check the box you may have to disable UAC.

Return to posts index

Tia BradfordRe: 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to access the menu bar
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:17:52 pm

Ahhhhh.... Got it.

Success! This worked perfectly. Thanks so much. I would never have figured that out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]