3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3Ds Max animations to PS

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Hoeberth3Ds Max animations to PS
by on Oct 8, 2009 at 8:43:09 pm

Well, after about 2 months common "3d model to afterfx integration" searches, I was able to find out myself by using Photoshop to my advantage and making 3d models usuable by saving them into a psd.
Now my only real problem is to figure out on how get the animations to work. Important is for me that that the end result won't just show up as a rendered video-file or rpf, I want to actually have control over or fly around these objects in after effects. I thought I would be able to do this by using an "Image Sequence"-option in Photoshop's "new layer from 3d file"-function. I'm still afraid I won't find out myself, so I'm asking if someone knows how that does work and which files this is possible to do with. I don't know this forum I'm posting to is exactly relevant to my question, I just don't have a clue where to post in the end.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Fabiano PeresRe: 3Ds Max animations to PS
by on Oct 9, 2009 at 1:09:17 pm

Well, I don't know if I understood correctly what you want.;
What is "have control over or fly around these objects in after effects"?
What kind of control?

If I'm right and all you want to do is to have many 3D elements on a comp and move a cam around them, all you have to do is to render the 3D work on a PNG sequence, open them in After FX, make them 3D layers and orient them to look at the cam. (right click the layer /Transform/Auto Orient.../ Orient towards camera)
Then you can make your "fly around" at the elements. But you should probably know that, once rendered, they will always be as image sequence. Not possible to se the other face. If you want to rotate the 3D image, you will have to do it in your 3D software.

I hope it helps.

Return to posts index

Gabriel HoeberthRe: 3Ds Max animations to PS
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 5:00:56 pm

What I was actually talking about was to have my whole scene in after effects as a 3d layer which I could pan around at. Lets just say I have importet my 3D-text from max in Photoshop, then from there to after effects. I CAN control/pan around those 3d objects as a psd in afterfx, however they don't seem to be animated as they were in 3ds max. Now I just want them to have an animation as well

just to be clear: I do know I can't threat rendered 3dsmax scenes as a 3d scene, but I also know I can have a 3d object from 3dsmax without having it as a rendered image in After effects. I just don't know if they would also be able to have an animation with them

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved