3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3d cell phone sceen issue

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boyan Slat
3d cell phone sceen issue
on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:43:21 am

Dear forum members, I'm here working for a mobile application company who want a via with an animated cell phone with one of their applications (which was captured to video for it) on the sceen.

Now i animated the cell phone (with turns, twists, flips, etc.), but how on earth can i use their app video as the screen?

PS: after 3ds max i import it into AfterEffects, do i maybe have to do it there?

Please help me (im in serious trouble since i'm working at this very moment), and thank you in advance,

Boyan Slat.

Return to posts index

Tiago Ribeiro
Re: 3d cell phone sceen issue
on Aug 26, 2009 at 1:19:29 pm

if the video is in fact a video file (avi, mpeg, etc..), then it's really simple, just use that movie file as a bitmap texture applied to the screen. in max, bitmap textures can be both pictures or videos, as long as the format is supported by 3dsmax. of course you do not have to take that into AE for tracking, that would be a complete waste of time =)

Return to posts index

Boyan Slat
on Aug 26, 2009 at 1:32:31 pm

Ok thank oyu, but I just discovered that the designer of this phone did not use the material editor, but 'render to texture', but haven't got any clue how to link the video file (which is currently .avi) to the screen (which used to be screen.jpg).

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Boyan Slat
on Aug 26, 2009 at 5:33:51 pm

Thanks, but it already worked itself out, just did some stuff with materials.

But thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]