3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

stretch/distortions when animatin rotation

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Ebouystretch/distortions when animatin rotation
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:50:01 pm

Hey guys I'm new to max so go easy with me please :) I'm creating a simple animation of a box that spins into a possition then the top opens and the sides collaps outward. I have linked the sides to the base and ofset the pvot point so I can animate rotation. The problem I'm having is when I rotate the top or the sides they distort or stretch massively and I cant understand why? Any help in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance

Return to posts index

Tiago RibeiroRe: stretch/distortions when animatin rotation
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 1:03:17 pm

i am unable to reproduce your problem.. =)
so i'm not having any ideas about why that is happening. from what you described, you're doing everything right, but if it's not going ok, then there has been some detail you have ommited, or maybe you activated something you shouldn't, without knowing (happens oftenly when you'r digging into a new program, clicking here and there searching for stuff and trying to understand what things do)

please check some things:
- have you applied any modifier to the objects? which ones?

- are you working in correct coordinates? on the top toolbar, at the right of the scale tool button, you have a coordinates system dropdown, i'm not going to tell you which one is right, because you should have been switching between view or world, and local while animating, but check if this isn't set to anything you don't know what is. anyway, this should not be the problem, but it's just a check..

- any other detail may help =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved