3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3D Max Under Apple Bootcamp

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Strong3D Max Under Apple Bootcamp
by on Aug 22, 2009 at 5:46:36 pm

These questions are for Intel Apple Mac Pro system users running 3D max under Bootcamp.

1. Anyone have experience using the new Macintosh Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 card with Max under bootcamp Windows?

2. What mac video card best supports the 3D Max viewport features (ambient occlusion, etc.)?

3. Any other issues running Autodesk 3D Max under Bootcamp now that Autodesk fixed the license issue?

I'm currently using a beginner 3D program on the Mac (Strata CX) and want to step up to a full-featured program and 3D Max looks like it has a wide range toolset and features and a large community. I work on a mac doing graphic design and some video, but I envision picking up some architectural work, 3D illustrative figures, and maybe doing some involved animations for TV advertising or short films. Max seems well- suited for this variety of work. I know there are other great 3D programs for the Mac, but I'm interested in whether 3D Max can run as well under Apple's Bootcamp as on comparable PC's. I really need to work on a Mac and I can't afford multi systems for my small freelance business.

So anyone out there using 3D Max on a Mac, let's hear from you.

Return to posts index

Joe ViceRe: 3D Max Under Apple Bootcamp
by on Aug 23, 2009 at 7:52:36 pm

Have you tried running the 3dsMax trial version available from the Autodesk website? There's shouldn't be any issue with the latest graphics cards from nVidia.

Architectural renderings by Lunarstudio.

Architectural Renderings

Return to posts index

Tom StrongRe: 3D Max Under Apple Bootcamp
by on Mar 6, 2010 at 8:06:53 am

Joe do you use 3DMax on a MacPro?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved