3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Fractured/Cracked render problem

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory GuideroFractured/Cracked render problem
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 8:20:59 am

Hey I have a problem when rendering my model. It will render with random cracks or fractures in the model, it looks like dry mud when it's cracked. I couldn't find any answers anywhere, I've tried changing the texture multiple times and even a bunch of the render settings but it's a no go.If there's anyone that's had a similar problem that could help me out that would be great.

Return to posts index

Tiago RibeiroRe: Fractured/Cracked render problem
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 1:13:28 pm

if changing material and render settings didn't help you, then the problem probably lies within the geometry.
what are you using for smoothing, mesh smooth?
do you have multiple objects superposed? give some deatils about how the geometry is built/composed with each other.
for a quick test, try disabling the smoothing modifier and test your render, to see if this is the problem

Return to posts index

Gregory GuideroRe: Fractured/Cracked render problem
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:53:23 pm

All i did was nurm an editable poly but it only seemed to crack when a light was shining on it and then rendered, I converted it over to mesh it seems my problem went away. yet other models that I've made have never done that and they were all nurmed editable poly's I'm thinking maybe there was a setting I missed in render setting and when i reset 3ds max settings file might have helped also. but any ideas on what might might of caused would help me in the future thanks.

Return to posts index

Tiago RibeiroRe: Fractured/Cracked render problem
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:50:08 pm

it seems to me that you may have been rendering the wireframes/isolines of the meshes, i'm not sure why, as this would have nothing to do with lights.. but the linear cracks look like they come from edges of the geometry, and the curved ones like isolines from the nurms..
i don't know, but ok, as long as you have worked that out, it's ok, you really may have messed up with something, happens often =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved