3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody CampbellDisco!
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:33:38 pm

I was at a large electronic dance event the other day and I saw the visuals guy put up on the screen a 3d model of a skull and instead of bone texture the skull was mirror ball texture. IT LOOKED SUPER GOOD!! I've seen alot of chrome stuff but never mirror ball. Any ideas how to do a mirror ball texture -- i've looked around a little but havent had much luck.

"Just because noone understands you does not make you an artist"

Return to posts index

Tiago RibeiroRe: Disco!
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 12:14:13 am

the mirror ball texture should be simple, if you try to compose it out a of a tile texture, using mirror material instead of the simple gray color for the tiles..

the most dificult would be to map the skull, unless you get a pre-mapped model, you would have to hand-map it using UVW unwrap method, which can get kind of troublish =)

so basically that's it, you can simulate the texture compositing tile and mirror materials and you could even give it a bump map, also made out of a tile material, with the same definitions of rows/columns and spacing between them..

just try investigating a bit about that, and give it some try for yourself

not always will you find pre-made materials for what you need, so it's really important to know how to compose them from the base materials that are originally included with 3dsmax. this is a great example for starting that out =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved