3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Viewport Background Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan PatyViewport Background Problem
by on Jul 26, 2009 at 7:27:37 pm

I am running 3ds Max 2010 and I am having an issue.

I made an animation using a "Viewport Background"

I wanted to make one similar to the first with slight changes, so I used a different "Viewport Background"

Now, when I render I get the animation way off in the distance with the first "Viewport Background" taking up the whole screen and the second one way off in the distance with the animation.

I'm not sure what happened, I want it to render through the view of camera01 which I am pretty sure I have it set up to and with no background showing at all, thanks in advanced for the help...

Return to posts index

Tiago RibeiroRe: Viewport Background Problem
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 4:23:13 am

when you render, the background you see is set up in the "environment" dialog, from the "render" menu
the viewport background is only a design-time helper

be sure you set up the correct background in the environment
you should also check the "show safe frame" in the camera's viewport menu, because this way you will see the area corresponding to your actual render size

i must say that the fact of the second background appearing in the distance sounds quite wierd.

did you check the camera's FOV? did you use camera matching for the job?

when you say that the animation is way off into the distance, it may be because of incorrect FOV, or because you have an extreme difference between the render dimensions ratio, and the viewport dimensions ratio. this second case is what would be resolved using the safe frame.

double check all those things and if you don't find the problem, report feedback and some more infos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved