3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

having to reload a project when working with poly but then having a setting activated on auto that I don't want, hwo to turn it off

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Diepenhorst
having to reload a project when working with poly but then having a setting activated on auto that I don't want, hwo to turn it off
on May 31, 2009 at 12:34:28 pm

I'm not sure why this is happening, it isn't just happening when I work at home but also at school and with both 2009 and 2008.
This is what happens, I start working with editable poly on a box, delete half and add symmetry cause it is a lot easier to work that way. However half way through for some reason 3ds max doesn't allow me to select the dots, lines or whatever, it just doesn't react. I save the project and open my recent project file to reload the one I was working in and it works again however sometimes 3ds max then activates some auto setting, I don't know what it is named but it is very annoying and I want to know how I can turn it off. The setting does this, when I select a line, point or whatever in my editable poly the lines surrounding it glow up as well ranging from orange -> yellow -> green, all colored lines are the affected by whatever movement I make which is not what I want and the fact that 3Ds Max automatically activates it makes it all the more annoying. I'll add a screen shot of how it looks so you know what I am talking about.

I hope someone can tell me how I can turn this setting off =< because I can't do anything if all my other points/lines move along with the rest

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4185/3dsmaxlamer.png

here's the screen shot, just copy pasta it in your browser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]