3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Max 2008 Skin Modifier Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelley GlassMax 2008 Skin Modifier Problem
by on Apr 23, 2009 at 3:37:02 pm

I've created a character model in the 2008 version of 3ds Max... I used boxes instead of bones to create the 'bone' system, and converted the boxes to editible mesh... the IK is all in place and working fine. I've applied the Skin modifier to the character mesh, and now I have some problems.

I am attempting to edit the envelopes, however I cannot exclude vertices... yes, I have clicked the 'vertices' box on the roll out, but whenever I choose vertices to exclude - and click the "exclude selected verts" button - nothing happens.

I have also found that if I attempt this action too many times, Max shuts down.

Character rigging is very new to me, so I am finding this very frustrating. Don't know if it's me and my misunderstanding of how to solve the issue, or if it's a problem with the software itself?

At any rate, does anyone know how to exclude vertices in this version of Max? The older versions had a different way of doing it, I think.... The button I am clicking is under the subheading of Weight Properties and is the only part of the roll out that allows for excluding vertices.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved