3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

I'm way over my head...

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick SebeckI'm way over my head...
by on Apr 17, 2009 at 12:52:20 pm

Okay so I'm an edito/ motion graphics artist, and would say I'm about 25% proficient in 3D apps. I can create basic models, animate lights, cameras, and basic animations with keyframes, ect.

So I'm compositing a scene that has a bird that flies through it (not really close) I was going to just animate in 2.5 D with a still photo cut up in photoshop, add a ton of motion blur, and be happy. But then I found a modeled, textures, rigged, and animated 3ds file on turbosquid for $70. I figured it was worth a shot!

So I'm kinda understanding what is going on. I found the hierarchy of the bone structures, and the keyframes that are animating the bird... but I've got some questions.

First, let me start by saying I usually use cinema 4D, but since the file I bought was a 3ds file, I downloaded the free 30 day trial. I'm not sure if there are any limitations, but I am noticing that not all of the keystrokes are working. For instance shift+w is not bringing up the steering wheel.

With that said, heres some other things I can seem to figure out. Why do keyframes on bones not show up in the curve editor? How can you adjust the easing? Is there a way to see the bezier handles of a motion path? I am also not able to copy and paste keyframes... I am assuming there has got to be a way to do that, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roger WellardRe: I'm way over my head...
by on May 28, 2009 at 6:07:53 pm

hey man

not to sure if this helps but check out this tutorial

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/bird_flock1.php (part 1)

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/bird_flock2.php (part 2)

this effect works really well, but not sure if its what you after cos its not going to work if you want it up close and wont be true 3d

Goodnight and good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved