3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Sun light is not appearing behind the Earth !!! Please help !

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raj lathiyaSun light is not appearing behind the Earth !!! Please help !
by on Apr 3, 2009 at 6:09:56 pm

Hi people, first post here...but i've used this site loads. Anyways...I've created a Solar System in 3D Max for my uni work and have setup an animation where the Sun is rising above the Earth. The way I made the sun was by a Lens effect from a website I found. So when I go to render out the scene then the Sun, even when its supposed to start from behind the Earth, still shows ontop of the Earth (example is shown in the image link below). I can't figure out why its doing that. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out !!! Cheers ;)

Owh I've post some screenshots in one image showing you the problem:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4173/earthsunproblem.jpg

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: Sun light is not appearing behind the Earth !!! Please help !
by on Apr 15, 2009 at 2:51:54 pm

Hey Raj,

First thing it must not happen. You have gone wrong with some settings!

or if a bug has raised in your scene simply try to recreate a new scene. Sometimes in MAX fandu things do happen!

Let me know if it works for you!

cheers!

Return to posts index

raj lathiyaRe: Sun light is not appearing behind the Earth !!! Please help !
by on Apr 15, 2009 at 10:46:59 pm

Hi there,

yeah i figured it out today actually. It seems that in the the glow element properties I didnt check the "Glow Behind" box. I've never made a light like this so I didnt know what I was doing. Got it all figured out now. Thanks for replying !!!

I do however have another problem. When I use the lens flare effect in Video Post then when I go to render out the animation (rendered using the Video Post render, not the normal teapot sign one) the effect doesnt show up. When its rendering frame by frame then I can see it but not on the final .mov file output. If you know what settings need to be used then I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks !!!

Raj !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]