3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

HELP! IK setup on drafting table model

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laci Morgan
HELP! IK setup on drafting table model
on Mar 24, 2009 at 1:34:31 am

I need major help. I have an assignment where I have to create a drafting table that uses IK. Basically, I want the vertical ruler to slide back and forth while moving up and down with the horizontal ruler on the table surface. There are lots of IK tutorials in my textbook and online, but they tend to deal with rotational stuff and bone rigging. I am soo incredibly stuck and am a newbie at 3DS Max. I'm sure this is a simple thing to do...is there a pro that could tell me how to set this up step-by-step please???

Return to posts index

Naren Navale
Re: HELP! IK setup on drafting table model
on Apr 15, 2009 at 2:57:19 pm

Hey Laci!

I love to play with IK & FK infact Im involved in robotics related solutions via use of software like MAX.

I have made many mechanisms in max to prove their practical behavior in real world.... with limits and degree of freedom.

Simply you r trying to make draftsman board......!

Its been a while you posted this query..... so tell me if you have already solved it ... or shall I give a try.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Laci Morgan
Re: HELP! IK setup on drafting table model
on Apr 15, 2009 at 5:04:53 pm

Thanks for responding. It turns out there was a much simpler way to create the table, so I have no idea why the teacher said to use IK. Seems silly. The class is over now, though, so no worries!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]