3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Interface Help

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony CastelluciInterface Help
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 4:26:02 pm

Does anyone know what key commands made my nice little edit tools like Move, Rotate, & Size go from the new & cool tools to absolutely NO ARROWS and NO little triangle thingy?

MAX should have a button called the DON'T SCREW WITH ME BUTTON and it LOCKS the interface to default. Changing the interface is a HUGE deal, and it should have to be something thats not a simple as "Ooops! I've gone and screwed myself with a few clicks!".

This program cost WAY to much money to have something that vital be so easy to screw up. I mean...that would be like having ONE button on your car CD player that was rigged to lock up your brakes...AND IT's NOT MARKED AS SUCH!

I've turned off these tools by mistake and can't figure out how to get them back.

OK, all joking aside, this is frustrating. Please help!

Thanks.

Tony C

Return to posts index

Arie StavchanskyRe: Interface Help
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 6:36:28 pm

Agreed, I wish they would take off that default shortcut key. The x key alone toggles the manipulator handles on and off.

Arie Stavchansky | Demo Reel | Portfolio of Creative Work | Blog

Return to posts index

Tony CastelluciRe: Interface Help
by on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:07:10 pm

Oh just the X...Wow....that is nutso! The CD case should say WARNING: Striking the X takes your edit tool thingie away.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:33:51 pm

Didn't work Arie.

What now?

Reinstall? LOL

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2009 at 7:54:00 pm

OK, I got the edit arrows and tools to come back under

VIEW/TRANSFORM GIZMO ON/OFF (God help me why that think that should be a quick key!)

And I can get the Steering wheel to come on if I go under Views/Toggle Steering Wheel.

But apparently I hit some key...one key...and it wasn't "X" and it made the Steering wheel NOT be a quick key.
Please help.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:21:46 pm

Upon restarting and tweaking the customizing the Viewport....it works again.

Weird!

Thanks.

Late

Tony C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]