3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Back Burner network monitor switches to "read only"

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin BradyBack Burner network monitor switches to "read only"
by on Feb 28, 2009 at 7:54:27 pm

I am using the back burner application shipped with 3-D studio Max 9to perform network renders I open the the network manager application on a certain machine to start the process. If I close that application and then reopen it it open as a read only copy indicating that control has been given to The Back Burner manager on that very same machine. It is as if a ghost copy of the back burner manager is still running. Naturally I cannot open back burner manager by any of the other machines since they also think that a manager is running and will only function as a read only

Has anyone seen this problem?

Any help much appreciated in advance

Return to posts index

Arie StavchanskyRe: Back Burner network monitor switches to "read only"
by on Mar 8, 2009 at 9:10:16 pm

I suppose the first question I would ask is why are you closing the network manager application after you start it? That program should remain open at all times for network rending (it is the heart of the network rendering process). You can minimize it to your system tray, but you should keep the manager app open.

You can use the monitor application to investigate what the manager is doing as well.

Arie Stavchansky | Demo Reel | Portfolio of Creative Work

Return to posts index

Kevin BradyRe: Back Burner network monitor switches to "read only"
by on Mar 10, 2009 at 12:21:12 am

Perfect Arie thank you.

I was using the monitor application kind of as a dumb terminal to look into the process. From time to time. I assume that if I close it I could reopen another session to look at a control the manager, as well as it was the only one.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Back Burner network monitor switches to "read only"
by on Jan 15, 2011 at 11:42:48 pm

Arie slightly incorrect here, and you were right. I use backburner all the time, and as you say like to close and re-open it a lot. It totally works to run Monitor from more than one station, and not as a read-only version (you can only have 1 at a time though).

That said, I have had problems with the refresh of this "read-only" status. Meaning that I see the same issue you do, but it is incosistent. Sometimes it works sometimes it does, most of the time it just works though. To fix it I just restart Manager.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved