3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

path deform not working

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Debreczeni
path deform not working
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:44:07 pm

Hi,
I created a poly arrow, then a line, applied the path deform modifier(WSM) to the poly arrow, clicked pick path, choosed the line, and nothing happened. I tried to change the percentage but still nothing happened. How could i make it work?

Aaron Debreczeni

Return to posts index

Naren Navale
Re: path deform not working
on Feb 13, 2009 at 2:05:06 am

Hi
there is probably a little mistake everyone makes, there are two modifiers 1. path & 2. patch..... in a hurry most of the times user clicks on patch and tries to assign path.

If this is not the problem with you then,it sould work infact. Did you clicked on 'move to path' button? on modifier pannel after assigning wsm?

regards

Return to posts index

Aaron Debreczeni
on Feb 13, 2009 at 8:52:21 am

Hi
I am sure i have clicked path deform.

I tried pushing the move the path, it placed my object on the path but nothing happened when i moved the percentage modifier.

I tried the path deform with single objects like a box, wich i havent modified and it worked with those, it only doesn't work with my modeled arrow.

Thank you
Regards

Aaron Debreczeni

Return to posts index

Naren Navale
on Feb 13, 2009 at 9:34:49 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! may be u have not modelled in proper way where max understands how to stretch your model!

send me your model if possible.........I guess u may be missing wire segments in essential area where it is required to be.

regards

Return to posts index

Aaron Debreczeni
on Feb 13, 2009 at 2:10:23 pm

I modeled again the arrow and now it works. Thank You.

Aaron Debreczeni

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]