3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Can't export .xmf files after having imported something into the scene

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mimi BelleCan't export .xmf files after having imported something into the scene
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 5:36:11 pm

I've been meshing for IMVU using 3ds Max 7. The site is very specific and can only accept .xmf files for the meshes, .xrf for the materials and .xsf for skeletons.

I find that if I export an object out of one scene and into another I can no longer export anything out of the scene that received the import. Or at least not as a .xmf file. The .xmf file turns up empty if opened notepad.

Even though I only export the lower portion of a skirt, it still imports all the items from the old scene and I deleted everything but the skirt that I needed. Still, even the things in the scene that previously exported just fine won't work at this point.

Usually I would start over again, but I put a lot of time into the item I had modeled and I'm hoping maybe someone will be able to give me a little advice on this?

Sorry if I'm not providing enough information... I can't think of what's pertinent at the moment besides what I have provided.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved