3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

How do I have a character Throw an Object and track it. Help

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anderson BlackHow do I have a character Throw an Object and track it. Help
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 3:38:00 pm

I need help with an effect I'm trying to achieve.

How do I make a character throw an object (in this case a stone) and have the rock glide through space.

My biggest concern is planning this shot.

Do I shoot the character with a reference object in hand and eliminate it in post? Or, do I shoot the character pretending to hold, then throw, and add the stone into the character's hand in post?

I was wondering if anybody has done something like this or knows anywhere I can get a tutorial.

I've seen a lot of movies where character throws a knife or bat etc and it glides thru space. Kinda same thing.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Anderson BlackRe: How do I have a character Throw an Object and track it. Help
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 9:59:22 pm

For further clarification Here's the scene:

Sequence 1: Medium Shot of a character, throws a stone (average sized stone that will fit into a palm but still visible)

Sequence 2: The camera pans left (tracking the stone)

Sequence 3: The camera stops 180 degrees as we see the stone fly past the same character (medium shot but different clothing)

I hope this is clearer.

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: How do I have a character Throw an Object and track it. Help
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 2:25:55 am

hey!

Its all about a trick! you can ask character to pretend this and then in MAX you can add an object mesh to his hands.

But telling you when I imagined your scene I found that, there can be many different answers to your query. Because it all depends on how close ur camera is to character? what angle it is looking at character.....what action exactly he is doin....bla bla!

You knw such tricky scenes are always analyze, by reading their conditions instead of actually having look at the base prepared scene condition.

I have worked partially on such thing in past.

Major and critical issue of adding such object in empty hands is to orient it accurately in hands while it is leaving from there and same time hiding it behind fingers and matching its velocity direction according to hand gestures of a character! to make a real feel!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]