3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3ds Max Flythrough Clouds

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yan Ligoth
3ds Max Flythrough Clouds
on Jan 11, 2009 at 6:26:10 pm

Here's the tutorial (http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ussing_jonas/clouds_3dmax.php). I've got a problem that in some places black lines just pop up, as if besides the clouds there are 3d lines in the scene. How can I remove them?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Theo Aquitanious
Re: 3ds Max Flythrough Clouds
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:38:37 pm

Not sure if this is what you mean. but have you made the polygons of the cloud tube transparent? This would stop any areas where polys protruded through the shape facing cloud effect.

Return to posts index

Yan Ligoth
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:57:11 pm

how to make it transparent?

Return to posts index

Theo Aquitanious
on Jan 21, 2009 at 7:12:57 pm

create a material with with an opacity of "0" (zero) and apply it to the tube.

you will need to select a suitably coloured environment "background colour" (rendering > environments or "8" on the keyboard) as your tube may now have gaps not covered by the cloud effect which will show through as the black default environment otherwise.

If there are too many gaps in your tube increase the "ammount" in the "birth" section of the "particle view". this will of course increase the render time.

hth.

Return to posts index

Yan Ligoth
on Jan 22, 2009 at 6:12:52 pm

Didn't help, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
Here is the image http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36926950ec6.png
With black I made a circle where the problem is and an arrow, hope that will help.

Thanks for help!

Return to posts index

Theo Aquitanious
on Feb 12, 2009 at 11:27:07 pm

lol, i guess were not.

not sure what you have wrong there. looks like the issue could be with the bitmap. or perhaps you could select the offending area and make it non renderable. this might hide the effect aswell of course.

Return to posts index

Gregory Hooker
on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:44:27 pm

I am having the same issue with the lines. They seem to be the edges of my texture. They only seem to show up in my transparent areas. I know it has been awhile since the last post on this thread, but have you figured out what this is and how to get rid of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]