3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Need help tp fracture a cube in reactor

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor BruceNeed help tp fracture a cube in reactor
by on Jan 8, 2009 at 2:26:36 pm

Hi to all, and thanks for any help you can offer.
I have created a cube, made it an editable poly, broken up the faces with the cut tool. I have grouped the pieces that I want in the same segment.
Then problem comes when I try to create the inner planes for the groups segments. I need to use the create button (I think)but I can't get it to properly work. I have tried using the extrude tool but it gives unwanted results.
Can anyone help me in creating the inner planes on segmented group faces of a cube that I intend to break apart using the fracture option in reactor.

Return to posts index

Mike ParkRe: Need help tp fracture a cube in reactor
by on Jan 25, 2009 at 6:08:36 pm

Go into subobject mode for polygons. Click the create button. You should now see the vertexes of the polygons. Simply click on the vertexes of the new polygon you want to create, in order going around, and then either double click or click again on the first vertex you selected. This should create a new polygon face. Use this method to fill in the void sections of your polygons.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Victor BruceRe: Need help tp fracture a cube in reactor
by on Jan 26, 2009 at 2:17:58 pm

Yep I figured out. I was activating the create polygon while in point mode. So nothing was happening. But I fumbled around till I figured to activate while in poly mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved