3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

colour change in a sequence from colour -> colour

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Diepenhorst
colour change in a sequence from colour -> colour
on Nov 26, 2008 at 8:35:17 pm

What I wanted to do was make something simulair like the did in Catch me if you can (part int he OP where both characters run over a black horizon with the sky in the background that has falling stars). However in my version I wanted to sky colour to change from lets say blue to somewhat yellowish (and other colours after) with a falloff in it (so it goes from dark to a lighter tint at the horizon). However I was wondering how do I in the animation let the background slowlly fade from blue to yellow?

I tried morph but it didn't work and now that I think of it, it might just be for movements only. I also tried making lose skins and then setting keyframes on which I changed the skin on the object, but it didn't work either. So how do I do it? I know it is kind of a noob question but it is really handy to know for later animations as well.

Thank you for responding

Return to posts index

Lars Kristoffersen
Re: colour change in a sequence from colour -> colour
on Nov 28, 2008 at 9:42:01 am

If you have a plane or other geometry as the background you can animate colors in the material editor.
Just click the auto key and change the colors to whatever frame you want it for. the fading color can be achieved by doing the same for the colors in a falloff map.

Regards
Lars - Denmark

Return to posts index

Esther Diepenhorst
Re: colour change in a sequence from colour -> colour
on Nov 28, 2008 at 1:46:03 pm

thank you it worked, I thought you could use different maps but it seems you can only use one, which is kind of a bummer but ooh well it worked =D thank you very much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]