3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Modelling with lines

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhijyot SinghModelling with lines
by on Oct 8, 2008 at 6:54:44 pm

Hi, I am in the process of modelling an object and decicded it was best to use a line and then extrude this. However, I have encountered a number of issues. The first is that as I have a reference picture applied to a frozen plane, if I want to zoom in for more precision, I need to pan around, however clicking the middle mouse button stops creating the line. How can I pan without stopping the creation of my line?

Also, the other issue that I have encountered is that if I make a mistake, ctr-z does not work. How do I undo the most recent point on the line which i have made? or better yet, how would I move this point about (like you can in a lot of Adobe products with the pen tool by holding the spacebar) after I have already placed it? These issues are really slowing my workflow and at the moment, all I can do is to zoom out all the way and try to make a perfect line in one attempt. Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: Modelling with lines
by on Oct 9, 2008 at 4:03:32 pm

I don know how much you are experienced in MA! but whenever you are in creation mode or tracing something with lines, you dont need to press MMB ... you have to just locate your cursor and press 'I' on keyboard that makes your working location at center!

Return to posts index

Abhijyot SinghRe: Modelling with lines
by on Oct 9, 2008 at 5:23:37 pm

I just remembered this now and thought i would update the thread. Thanks for the post anyway Naren, but also, to remove the most recent point, its backspace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved