3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3ds Max File Version

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lemire3ds Max File Version
by on Sep 22, 2008 at 4:12:41 am

Hi everyone,

I've finished working on a very big project in 3ds Max 2009 and want to publish it. But I just realized that the .MAX file is not backward compaitlble with older versions of 3ds Max. Is there a program that converts to older .max versions or is there any way of hacking the file version? (because I'm pretty sure that older max versions can read the file but it is just a way of Autodesk to make some money). I know there's the 3ds file format but this is not very convenient since I loose a lot of things with this format. Any toughts?

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: 3ds Max File Version
by on Sep 22, 2008 at 3:57:29 pm

I m 100% with you. I always disliked Autodesk's policies. I don't know this company is always following some doubtful strategies for releasing software versions.

They could have easily given this backward compatibility....since V5 i m watching till 2009.......... Nobody ever imagined from their group to provide such facility. Otherwise it would be world class company I bet.

Anyway, there is no way of reverting back. If you are really serious to go back then .......just a manipulation! I m looking for such tool on net but till today I didn't find.

I also have lot lot experience with MAX.....but this is fact...here there is tough thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved