3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Looping rotation

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd SchmidtLooping rotation
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 1:46:41 pm

3DS isn't my biggest strength so I hope I don't sound stupid. I made a rotation cylinder...actually it's a few cylinders and text, all rotating in different directions. My problem is I'm trying to getting this to rotate seamlessly for a minute , but not rendering the full minute. I want to bring it into After Effects and just loop it from there. Forget about the many moving parts for a minute. When I bring it into AE and loop it a few times I get a small, but noticeable "jump"...maybe a few frames. How in the heck do I simplify the process in Max??? This little jump is annoying. BTW...I'm not a math genius so we can throw that one out!

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: Looping rotation
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:09:07 pm

It is not a maths what you need! just a small trick.
t and end in
In max you set frames range you want to actually render.
then you try using 'home' & 'end' key which makes your scroller jump to start and end.
then you see exact position/rotation & orientation of your object at exact start frame and end frame.

here you can make it fine tuned to make seamless loop.

once satisfied......just render

thats all!

I guess I understood your prob.

Return to posts index

Todd SchmidtRe: Looping rotation
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 5:51:53 pm

Thanks Naren, but the animation has gotten really complicated and it's just off by a little bit and I've never gotten it to just match up correctly. I know there are a few things you can do in the track view editor but it hasn't been as simple as I thought. I've been doing what you said and "hand animating".

Return to posts index

Mark DanteRe: Looping rotation
by on Sep 22, 2008 at 3:44:41 pm

You could render an entire rotation in Max as a frame stack. Then take it into AFX and continue to trim off frames until there is no pop. I think it is easier to just do it in Max though. Just look at how much of a rotation your object is making at each frame (not keyframe)and end your motion using that number just short of a full rotation... That typically does it for me!

Did I say that right?

Best of luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved