3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3dsmax error

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hem raj3dsmax error
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:34:05 am

Hi to all.
Please help me to solve this unknown error.
I bought 3DSMAX 2008 and I had setuped in Vista and it worked very well. But I have setuped a new windows (same vista) last night and setuped 3DSMAX 2008 on it and when I click to run gives me this error :

" You'r license has expired. You can no longer use this product. To purchase a new copy of this product visit autodesk on the web at (written autodesk site)"

When I click on ok it close. So there isn't any "Active Now" option to register 3DSMAX as last time.
There is anyone that know whats problem ?
Note: that i have setuped a now windows

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: 3dsmax error
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:13:30 pm

Yes dear!

Long back I had played a trick with this.....v5 I guess...

Autodesk key sensor is smart it detects your license even when you format drive.... it only cant detect when you format on low level.

Just try to fin this license key under you documents and settings.... stored with .dat format mostly..... I don't know about latest release exactly but earlier it was 'safecast' and 'cdilla'.

these directories are created while u install max itself. just locate and delete that .dat file and your max will detect your machine to be fresh for installation.

Cheers! This is high tech tip... based on my experience!

Return to posts index

Nym HawkRe: 3dsmax error
by on Jan 2, 2009 at 9:29:31 pm

Hi I'm having the same problem and I've been tryin to fix it for several hours with no success. I was wondering if you had any luck in fixing it. If you have, please tell me what to do, I've even formated my pc and I still get an error.

Return to posts index

Daniel GriggsRe: 3dsmax error
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 12:46:50 am

@ Nym. Had this problem myself. What you need to do is set your system clock back to sometime in 2008. 3DS Max seems to have a bug regarding activation after a year. I did a clean install of my system today. 3ds was working fine before, then whoa after the install it wouldn't accept anything and gave me the ' your license for this product has expired' - i full well knew that i brought a full license so its not expired.

Heres what you have to do, and you don't need to delete anything;

Open 3ds max up. wait for it to complain. now, go to your clock, and adjust it to lets say May 2008, save the date and exit. now close the 3ds nag dialogue saying your license has expired. Now re-open 3ds with the altered date and youll have the trusty activation screen, fill in your details activate the software and close and restart the program. now WHILE the program is running, adjust your clock BACK to its original date, save the date, shut down 3ds, and restart the computer. Once restarted you should have no more problems running the program. if you ever have to reinstall the software, wind your clock back and reactivate it.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Nym HawkRe: 3dsmax error
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 9:41:47 am

OMG, this is like... yesterday if I read this my head would be bashing against the desk in anger, now I'm laughing so hard I can't stop myself... I thout there was something f*** up about the time date with max because I've had it for about exactly a year and it worked perfectly.Thank you so much, I will try what you say.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved