3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Please help - max render doesn't match viewport work

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina MillerPlease help - max render doesn't match viewport work
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 8:26:59 am

This has got to be basic but I need help none the less. Okay so in max, I animated 20 objects to percision following a background image. Now when I render the whole animation (as pngs) and then pull them into combustion again on top of my same background image as I have more animation work to do in here... they don't line up. In my original viewport scene - in max - my objects are first hidden from view, above the top of the viewport so you don't see them until they begin to fall and land in their designated precise positions which are mapped out on the background image. But the render actually shows the objects at the top (where they are supposed to be hidden out of view until they show up later) - this of course makes it useles, sigh~
Now I am using the default max viewport setting, I'm assuming this has something to do with it. It looks perfect in my viewport where I have animated the whole scene, but the renders don't match what is in my viewport. Is there a way to resolve this by adjusting the viewport or something (but how) and still retaining all of the difficult animation work I've already done? I'd appreciate your help very much - cuz I need it : ) Gina

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: Please help - max render doesn't match viewport work
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 3:15:39 pm

First mistake you might be doing is, you don't know safe frame.

Then second thing is that, you have to play with match rendering output, match view port output...... settings in background image settings.

because what you see in viewport is screen based settings and what you render is resolution (specific size ) based output! You got me!

Return to posts index

Gina MillerRe: Please help - max render doesn't match viewport work
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 9:10:22 pm

Okay last night I figured it out and you were right, it was that I did not have Safe frames checked in the viewport settings. When I did that (and yes my image settings was already set up correctly) - all I did was move the parts above where they were supposed to be and then I did of course have to manually animate them into the correct destination because now they were not reaching them, they were too high because I moved them up. But it wasn't bad! And my render turned out fine now! I would have thought that the safe frame wouldn't be required unless you were working on tv output but I guess it's because it calculates the outside? Thanks for your reply Naren. Gina

Return to posts index

Charles KinderRe: max render doesn't match viewport work
by on Dec 21, 2013 at 12:32:52 am

If you add a camera to this view & adjust it so the upper object's are out of the scene then render to see if there out of the shot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved