3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

32bit Max2009 on 64 bit

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buck Wyckoff32bit Max2009 on 64 bit
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 9:15:23 pm

I am about to purchase a new workstation and render farm machines. I am being told
I should install 64bit Windows and that I can run 64bit MAX or 32bit MAX as needed
and that everything will run fine. Is that true?

Will MAX 32bit and any plugins I need to install (RealFlow included) run without a
problem? Will my other 32bit apps (AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc) run on 64bit windows without a problem. Some programs are new some are old. I want to know in general will 32bit legacy run....not that I need to chase everything down and make sure.

If this is true, then I see no reason not to have the luxury of 64bit MAX when I
want it. If there is a chance that everything else in my my 32bit world my have
problems, then I cannot risk it.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'd welcome any opinions.

Return to posts index

Buck WyckoffRe: 32bit Max2009 on 64 bit
by on Jun 14, 2008 at 2:16:52 pm

I have indications on the AutoDesk Area forum that others are having issues pop up. I will therefore not venture into this area until the kinks are worked out. I cannot afford to have these kinds of problems.....especially now.

Return to posts index

Naren NavaleRe: 32bit Max2009 on 64 bit
by on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:40:45 am

I saw your post and was observing the same. I didn't reply you, but I was surely doubtful that, This technology at this stage is not that reliable.
Anyway very much thanks that you shared your experience here. I will keep this as a reference reading for my case in near future.

It is better to go 32bit with confidence and optimize systems so that they perform better...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved