3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

integrate 3ds max with After Effects

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Lundinintegrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on May 25, 2008 at 4:35:40 pm

Hi!

In cinema 4d you can export your camera data plus light and null positions to after effects in aec-files. In that way you can use light for reference-point to place your 2d AE-layer in the right 3d cordinates to match the 3d scene with its camera movement.

I know i can export camera data to AE with the rpf-files but is it possible to export reference-point like null-objects (dummies) or lights to integrate my 3ds 3d-scene in after effects with its 2d layers?

/Anders

Return to posts index

Mathew KaustinenRe: integrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on Jun 6, 2008 at 6:14:10 pm

Hello,

Our product MAX2AE is designed specificall for this purpose. You can check it out here:

http://www.boomerlabs.com

Cheers,

Mathew Kaustinen
Boomer Labs
http://www.boomerlabs.com

Return to posts index

Andy EngelkemierRe: integrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:09:40 pm

now how about those of us who only do this maybe twice a year? $250 is definitely steep for those of us like that.

I know I've seen a plugin that does this for free, it's just not Quite as friendly because there's one extra step. I'm pretty sure neither of them work for me anyway because I'm not using a max camera. It comes through in the RPF fine. i just need null objects. I can use the location fine (by writing it down) but it's strange. Instead of X,Y,Z it's X,-Z,Y
I understand switching orders because Max is strange and has Z up instead of being depth (they are stuck in manufacturing ages) but negative?

It works, but it would be a bit more handy if a I could find a script to grab all my nulls and export the positions/animations all in one step.

Return to posts index

daniel bauerRe: integrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on May 10, 2010 at 7:29:56 pm

get a demo of cinema4d, export from max to 3ds and then from cinema to ae. should be a peace of cake

Return to posts index

daniel bauerRe: integrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on May 10, 2010 at 7:37:51 pm

Get a trial version of cinema4d, export from max to 3ds, and from cinema to ae. should be a piece of cake...please report results

Return to posts index

Andy EngelkemierRe: integrate 3ds max with After Effects
by on May 10, 2010 at 8:11:26 pm

Well that's a heck of a lot of work.

the max script method is much simpler.

I am using a vray camera so had to do a workaround, but it worked ok. I just created another max camera, and it has to be a target camera which I didn't use. Then I linked both the camera And target to my vray cam.

Then you can export that camera since it's a max camera.

The match worked out pretty well. I created a null object for the center of an object the camera rotates around. The worked pretty well. A zoom in the beginning didn't work Quite as well, but it was close enough to just add 2 position keys to make it not float around at all.

I found the script at scriptspot.com. You just run it right from Max, it creates a jsx script you run in aftereffects, which imports a Huge list of keys (one set per frame). That's position and rotation for camera, target, and each null object you added. It took about 5 minutes for 3600 frames with one null.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]