3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Poser Fusion and Max not working

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina MillerPoser Fusion and Max not working
by on May 11, 2008 at 7:48:04 am

Just side upgraded to Poser pro and Poserfusion for Max. Installed both, looks like I've got everything set up fine. I go to max (2008), then Poser Objects and the window pops up to locate my file but the problem is that none of my poser files are showing up as a poser executable (in max only- when I am trying to navigate to them), I've got tons of them saved which Poser is opening and working in fine, but I go the file where they are saved and max via Poserfusion is not recognizing them as poser files - thus leaving me unable to import a poser scene.... what's going on and how do I fix it? Thanks for your help ahead of time... Kind regards, Gina`

Return to posts index

Hrvoje IvicRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on May 12, 2008 at 11:43:29 pm

You must change program root folder location in plugin .ini file.

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsPoserFusion3dsMaxPzrFor3ds.ini

Return to posts index

Gina MillerRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on May 14, 2008 at 3:29:10 am

I wiped out the dat file and it reset max, I re-registered and now have no further problems. I don't know what it was but it's better now, anyway thank you Hrvoje for your reply.
Oh but hey, I do have another question for you - in case you might know, if I pull in the poser file into max it brings in the animation and even the morphs great, but when I convert it to an editable poly it looses both, is there a way we can modify the object without loosing it's morphs and animations? Thank you! Gina

Return to posts index

Jason CorderoRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:58:45 pm

I don't think you can directly edit the Poser object, but there is a workaround. I make a clone of the original, and then convert the clone to a poly or whatever is needed. I then use the skin wrap modifier to make the clone follow the movement of the original, which I then hide. The clone is editable, but not bug free. I use this for making collision objects when making clothes for figures with the cloth simulator, so I can get rid of uneeded polys. Hopefuly this gives something for you to play with - I just wish they would rewrite the plugin to include editability.

Return to posts index

Joe JoubertRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Jan 16, 2009 at 5:05:06 am

Hi Gina,

I have the same problem you had with the plugin not seeing Poser files while in MAX. Having problems working throught the solution from Hrvoje Ivic. Please tell me what dat file you wiped out. Thanks Joe

Return to posts index

Petr VorisekRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 2:05:35 pm

Hi, could you be more specific? I've found the .ini file but it contains just some chinese words or what. In what format am I supposed to write there the program root location?
I need to export rigged poser model to Max, Maya, anything, but I can't find any succesful solution :( Thanks

Return to posts index

jermale mooreRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Jun 12, 2008 at 8:12:52 pm

well i had the same problem come to find out the projects in 3ds were just to small i made them bigger and they showed up in 3ds but my problem now is that everytime i add something thats native to 3ds or try to move anything within the scene i get an error msg then the whole program shuts down, if i import resize and dont touch anything within my work space all goes fine. Does anyone know if there is a patch to fix this would love to make a full scene instead of 1 poser mod animations.

Return to posts index

James BloydRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:55:43 am

I'm having the same problem. The only solution for me has been lots of quick saves while everything is working, then when it crashes, reload last good working version.

Return to posts index

Erik KlokRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 8:13:22 am

I was thinking about upgrading too, from Poser 7 to PoserPro.

But as I'm finding more info on this it seems to be note a mature plugin yet ?

They seem to have an update for some of the problems encountered;

Maybe you guys could be so friendly to post your experiences with the updates installed ?

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

paulo costaRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Sep 18, 2009 at 1:45:44 pm

the bether thing you can do is have poser pro instaled and have Max 2008 32b (but are now 64b to) aplie poser fusion for max 2008 and get the de power fusion service pack 1.2 win for max this pack fix all the bugs. For those who have max 2008 for xp 64b thei are now a pack InstallPoserFusionFor3dsMax64 is the name of the file for more details visit smith micro updates poser fusion. Cya and good renders
Sory mi english

Return to posts index

Erik KlokRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Sep 18, 2009 at 5:35:59 pm

Well ....

Personally I'm still waiting for a matured version.

I believe the word is that within a month or so PoserPro 2010 will be released ...
My hopes are on that version.

32Bits ? What's that ? Half of 64 ? So .... Half a machine then ?
Never mind .....

Return to posts index

Post removed.

paulo costaRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 3:42:14 pm

wheel if you have a windows xp professional 32b is that because you don't install the 64b OS xp. the 64 bits require a Cpu architecture of AMD or intel duo core Processors who works at a 64b this allow you almost double the speed of processor calculations if the amount of data is huge and you whit 32b Os don't have the possibility to have more then 4g of memo in fact you only can use 3.4gb of that ram and nothing fix this problem because 32b OS don't allocate more than that in other way the 64b system allow you to apply tetra gigas in teorie, and max no longer crash for out of memo. They are windows xp 64 bits OS for install in such machines and are Max 2008 2009 e 2010 whit 64b install and the poser fusion service pack 1.2 64b for max 2008. I have OS xp pro 64b poser pro and max 2008 64b whit the poser fusion s.p. 1.2 64b and only say its a hell of a difference the speed of charging my project files (normally 150mb 250mb files)the windows view of max speed up by 40% approximated and renders much less time for rendering i hope you have clear things now and the import of figures from posers don't give me problems i work whit scenarios from poser whit 3 or 6 characters and props and no problem.

Return to posts index

vinny dellayRe: Poser Fusion and Max not working
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:40:56 pm

If anyone out there is still seeking an answer to this problem with 3dsmax 2010 and Poser 2010... there is a hotfix that you can download for free at:

You don't even need to be a registered user to download it! ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved