3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

problems with poserfusion

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Jonesproblems with poserfusion
by on Apr 28, 2008 at 1:57:40 pm

I have poserfusion for 3ds max 9 and I have a bit of a problem. After I have set up my scene in max I will import the poser model. It comes in fine and positions great etc… However I have found that if I continue to edit the scene, move objects, add objects or anything in general, my poser figure will completely vanish from all the viewports. It is still active if you select it, because you see the object box around it, but it just vanishes. The big problem is that when it does this, the poser character will no longer animate when you render it out. It will be stuck on the first frame it is imported as. However if i can manage to bring it into the scene and render it out when it does not vanish, it will animate fine.

This makes no difference when I have the options set to full tracking and loop animation. So what is wrong and why will it randomley vanish causing it to no longer animate when its invisible?

Return to posts index

Mike AparicioRe: problems with poserfusion
by on May 4, 2008 at 5:47:35 pm

You are right! PoserFusion is a bug bag!
It makes 3DS MAX crash like never done before...
I spent long hours thinking my CPU was getting to hot do to fan problems. I even tinkered slowing down the Proc. Clock and PoserFusion kept crashing.

All the things you described happened to me also. the vanishing figures, the stiff rendering and if you render a long animation, it will also freeze your PC. and make you think you have to buy a new one.
Up to this moment, PoserFusion is a piece of garbage. To me it seems like they took the old Poser 4 Pro Max plugin and did some changes to it so it would load with later Max versions. But the older one, with poser 4 Pro, worked fine.

A big BOOOOOO to SmithMicro for this BAD release!!!!

Return to posts index

Joe AlbostRe: problems with poserfusion
by on May 6, 2008 at 10:44:10 pm

I think you take any credibility out of your statements with words like "it will also freeze your PC and make you want to buy a new one." Just something to be aware of for the future. I read this and think that you maybe have a hidden agenda and maybe don't even own the product.

I am not having any problems with the Poser Pro release, Poser Fusion and R9. And Highly recommend it, especially for the price!

Maybe you're using an unsupported version of MAX or not meeting the minimum system requirements but I would suggest instead of spewing on an anonymous forum or blog you spend your energy on contacting Smith technical support and getting your problem solved or your money back.

Return to posts index

Dave JonesRe: problems with poserfusion
by on May 7, 2008 at 12:36:00 am

I have a full official release of both and i have the problems. It does not freeze my pc but does randomly crash and cause models to vanish. My pc is nto 100% up to date but it is fast enough to handle it. I did contact smith micro and am still waiting a reply

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2008 at 1:48:02 am

Apologies for mistaking Mr. Albost name.

I wonder which is the "hidden agenda" he mentions. Is it possible Mr. Albost does have one? Or a relationship with Poserfusion developers or marketing people?

It is not only me, stating the Poserfusion malfunction, as readers and moderators can verify in this thread.

I also request CreativeCow moderators to allow my responses published because I have been acused of piracy and having "bad" intentions as well.

I'm ONLY interested in being able to render with the software my school purchased!!!

Return to posts index

Joe AlbostRe: problems with poserfusion
by on May 7, 2008 at 2:34:55 am

I was not attacking you, rather suggesting that you not be so dogmatic in your post and seek the help of the official tech support team rather than post on a forum they know nothing about. i.e. an anonymous forum. They cannot help you here.

I was not saying that you were anonymous. I also simply suggested that instead of posting in the manner you did, it may be more benficial for you to spend the time contacting tech support and trying to either work through your problem or get a refund.

I have no association with Smith Micro other than I am a very satisfied customer with no problems related to PoserFusion.

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2008 at 2:17:07 pm

OK Tom!
All items cleared!

I don't know if moderators here will agree with the asertion about "nobody here knows about the subject"!
After all CreativeCow is supposedly a gathering point for "creatives" in computer arts, therefore having contact with the matters discussed.

I appreciate your interest but let me explain the fact, the bugs mentioned here are REAL. Probably in your application you did not use the same elements as part of the Poser scene as I am doing.

Would you try creating an animated character, dressed up with conforming clothing, using mouth and face morphing, with at least 900 frames in it? Try it in MAX.

Also do some characters with dynamic hair. They come out as "broom stick heads" in MAX rendering.

Any way... thank you for participating and advising...

Return to posts index

by on May 7, 2008 at 1:34:40 am

Mr. Talbot:
Also your credibility is at geopardy with your statements. Certainly we are licensed MAX users at our university Medialab. I wonder why you have to attack me, while Smithmicro, indeed has responded very politely and in an educated manner, to my request for a solution.

Regarding equipment, if a quad core machine, with 2 Gb memory and a 3.4 gHz clock speed is not enough to run the hybrid software cludge, named Poserfusion, then it is true we have to, either throw away the machine, or to live with the ETERNAL rendering time delivered by Poser.

Regarding anonimity, I posted my name and Email addr. VERY CLEARLY in my message and I do it again now: Mike. E Aparicio. Medialab Director, Galieo University. Email meaparicio@galileo.edu.

Your message certainly is also a little bit anonimous... Right ?

And above all..... Why fighting about this? Respect to other's rights is the certain way to Peace !!!!!

Return to posts index

James BloydRe: problems with poserfusion
by on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:39:33 am

Alas, there is comfort in knowing I'm not the only one having this problem with PoserFusion. Has anyone found a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved