3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Beginner's books

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon PeetBeginner's books
by on Apr 14, 2008 at 12:46:37 am

Hey everone
I'm trying to break into the Autodesk realm and a quick search on amazon shows about 10 different books to choose from
I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions/recommendations for books or other resources for total beginners

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Beginner's books
by on Apr 14, 2008 at 5:04:41 pm

Devon -
I would start with the wealth of tutorials which come on the Max discs. There are also many sites that can give a grounding in all phases of Max, among my favorites:

I suggest you start with the tutorials which come with Max, or are on the Max Area website. You can get a slow start with the simple ones (learning the Max interface and shortcut keys is HUGELY important), then as you build your confidence, you can delve into the more advanced stuff (some of these tutorials can burn 5 hours or more of your time). And don't do them just once - repetition is the key to holding on to the techniques, some of which are downright non-intuitive, but essential to the learning curve. Good luck, from a 3D Studio user who's been working on it for over five years, and has about five percent of the features down.

Joe Bourke
Art Director / WMUR-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved