3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3D for motion graphics

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gonçalo Perdigao3D for motion graphics
by on Feb 24, 2008 at 7:43:10 pm

Hi there i was looking for 3D tutorials but with integration in after effects, to do simple things that normaly after effects can't do, can anyone link me to any tutrial or any web page that i can find that kind of tutorial?
Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Threehead StudiosRe: 3D for motion graphics
by on Mar 8, 2008 at 6:24:26 pm

3dS doesnot transfer well into AE (if you are trying to pass camera moves etc.)
You can use max2ae (Boomerlabs plugin, http://www.boomerlabs.com/cart/home.php?cat=3
Good luck

Return to posts index

Post removed.

John HammondRe: 3D for motion graphics
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 7:04:24 pm

3D doesnt travel well into AE? I'd have to disagree.. you can export your 3d video (or frame sequence with alpha channel) with embedded 3d data into after effects. AE can then interpret this data and allow you to use it with the 3d effects.

Data that can be exported from 3d into AE includes:

camera data; movement, focal distance etc.

Z-depth; a grey scale image where brightness represents a particular pixels distance from the virtual camera in AE -can be used to add depth Fog for example, or to blur your 3d render based on depth from camera.. or shift hue.. or anything!

object id: ive never used this but i gather you can use it to let AE differentiate between various objects in your 3d render.

Theres a few ways to integrate 3d into AE.

oh by the way, formats that can export with this extra data include .RPF and .RLA image sequences
I forget which is newer and better. Have a google

Return to posts index

Threehead StudiosRe: 3D for motion graphics
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 4:24:13 am

I agree with you on everything but the camera movement.
Z depth, and mat ID's come in fine.
However camera movement when imported from a .RPF file, always drifts.
What max2ae does, is give you a reference 3d layer, and locks your prespective.
If you can tell me how get my camera not to drift without going through max2ae I would be very greatful.

Return to posts index

John HammondRe: 3D for motion graphics
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 1:07:23 pm

I've not had a lot of experience importing in camera data, only on small moves like a camera track from right to left in an arch about 40 degrees around the target object. I imported this into AE and added 3d text and it all looked very nice.. though there wasnt a lot of room for mistake.
Thanks for the tip though, I'll be wary of drifting camera data and keep max2ae in mind if/when I do any more max/ae integration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved