3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Keyframing Rotation Problems Need Helppppp

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard DanielsKeyframing Rotation Problems Need Helppppp
by on Feb 20, 2008 at 11:55:29 pm

Hey guys, I am pretty new to 3DS Max but I am getting used to it very quickly. I am though having problems animating a certain model. I am trying to design a pill capsule. That part came easy as I just created a capsule. The thing is I want to rotate it on the x,y,z-axis. I hit auto-key but instead of it being able to rotate from the actual center of the capsule, it will only rotate from the extreme polar end of the capsule. If anyone can help me find the answer to my problem I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian TullRe: Keyframing Rotation Problems Need Helppppp
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 1:40:23 am

I don't have 3ds Max in front of me right now, but off the top of my head it sounds like a pivot problem. Unfortunately, I can't remember how you move the pivot, but I'd look in the tools panel of the right dock.

Return to posts index

Danny ParsonsRe: Keyframing Rotation Problems Need Helppppp
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 3:58:58 pm

It sounds like you might be struggling at the first hurdle of the problem I’ve been going through, which I posted about a couple of days ago— http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/18/855975 —to which I’ve still received no response: anyone?!)

I’m just a beginner to the program myself, but I think you might want to try unchecking ‘Local Center During Animate’ from the Animation Preferences. This will allow you to toggle between different pivot centres from the ‘Use Center Flyout’ whilst ‘Autokey’ is selected. Without doing so, the flyout is greyed out—‘untoggleable’—and set to ‘Use Pivot Center’ by default when Autokey is selected.

Like I said, I’m a newbie myself, so it’s possible I have completely misinterpreted your query, but I hope this may have been of some help.

Try searching ‘transform center’ in the user reference for further details.

Cheers…

DP

Return to posts index

Peter Kimball-EvansRe: Keyframing Rotation Problems Need Hel ppppp
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:18:07 am

I had the flyout greyed out for no reason and couldn't work out how to fix it. I still don't know how it happened, but I was able to change the transform center again after saving the file, then opening a previous version where the the button wasn't greyed out, then closing that and opening the saved file. It worked for me (for now), so I hope it helps anyone else who finds this topic

Return to posts index

Peter Kimball-EvansRe: Keyframing Rotation Problems Need Hel ppppp
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:37:27 am

It turns out that the button is greyed out when Auto Key is turned on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]