3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Spontaneous re-scaling issues when 'Local Center During Animate' is deselected...

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny ParsonsSpontaneous re-scaling issues when 'Local Center During Animate' is deselected...
by on Feb 19, 2008 at 10:56:17 pm

Hi there…

I’m pretty new to 3D, and I’m having some trouble trying to perform a very simple animation—the elusive solution to which I am sure is equally simple… and just as simple as I’m beginning to think that I must be!

I’ve modelled a basic Rubik’s Cube following this tutorial: http://www.oktutorials.com/3d-studio-max-tutorials/modeling/rubik-cube , and I’m now trying to animate it to behave like the real thing.

Having first turned off ‘Local Center During Animate’ in the Animation Preferences, when I then select any nine ‘sub-cubes’ that make up one face, animate a rotation and then play it back, the group seems to be constrained to the dimensions of the main cube… That is to say: as soon as the rotation begins, the group starts to scale down until it reaches the rotation’s halfway point, whereupon it scales itself back up again.

This distortion does not occur when I’m actually keyframing the rotation—it looks just dandy then; happily exceeding the boundaries of the overall cube. The problem is only apparent upon playback of the animation.

Like I said, I’m sure that I’m missing something forehead-slappingly simple. If anyone could explain where I might be going wrong, I’d be incredibly grateful…

Cheers…

DP

Return to posts index

Joshua MaxadoRe: Spontaneous re-scaling issues when 'Local Center During Animate' is deselected...
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:47:05 pm

The reason that the rotation is working weird it's because for default, all objects have the EulerXYZ as a rotation Controller, I'm working also in the animation of a Rubicks Cube ,

The default EULER XYZ will evauate every rotation in that order, X, Y ,Z ... so sometimes, your rotation will act unexpectively

SOLUTION!!!
What you need to do First is set all pivots to a center rotation like the center piece hidden on the rubicks cube , so all objects can rotate freely.....

Then go to every individual piece by selecting one by one, then go to the motion panel and expand the "asign controller" Rollout then clin on the Rotation option and click on the Green Check mark icon to replance the "Euler XYZ" with "Linear Rotation"... I just found the solution And it is working perfectly now....

Return to posts index

Joshua MaxadoRe: Spontaneous re-scaling issues when 'Local Center During Animate' is deselected...
by on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:48:07 pm

The reason that the rotation is working weird it's because for default, all objects have the EulerXYZ as a rotation Controller, I'm working also in the animation of a Rubicks Cube , What you need to do First is set all pivots to a center rotation like the center piece hidden on the rubicks cube , so all objects can rotate freely.....

Then go to every individual piece by selecting one by one, then go to the motion panel and expand the "asign controller" Rollout then clin on the Rotation option and click on the Green Check mark icon to replance the "Euler XYZ" with "Linear Rotation"... I just found the solution And it is working perfectly now....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]